The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) is Australia’s independent regulator for all vehicles over 4.5 tonnes gross vehicle mass.
As the national regulator for the heavy vehicle road transport industry, we aim to achieve:
- Efficiency – a common set of laws for heavy vehicles for all states and territories.
- Safety – a national safety monitoring and reporting system dedicated to heavy vehicles.
- Productivity – ability to provide quick responses to changing industry trends and needs.
- Services – a single point of contact for all heavy vehicle regulation in Australia.
- Independence – independent, statutory body corporate established under the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL).
- Compliance and enforcement – a unified strategy and approach.
- Transparency and accountability – review for key decision making.
Please note: The NHVR is aware that on occasion, businesses imply a connection or affiliation with us by way of the presentation and wording of their advertising material, where no such connection exists. If you are uncertain of whether an entity has a legitimate connection with the NHVR, please contact us to discuss, before dealing with them.