The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) delivers a comprehensive range of services under a consistent regulatory framework. These include:
- access permit applications for heavy vehicles
- national driver work diary and risk classification system for advanced fatigue management
- national fees for NHVR services
- national notices
- national penalties
- National Heavy Vehicle Accreditation Scheme management and accreditations
- Performance-Based Standards Scheme vehicle design and access approvals
- vehicle standards modifications and exemption permits.
This document describes the NHVR’s core regulatory service delivery functions. It includes all regulatory services, whether delivered directly by the NHVR or by jurisdictions or other third party service providers on the NHVR’s behalf.