The NHVR’s dedicated compliance and enforcement team works with industry and supports police agencies and on-road enforcement officers. The team:
- works with industry and agencies to provide advice relating to the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) and on-road compliance enforcement activities
- shares information relating to the ongoing development of consistent compliance and enforcement processes
- engages in on-going consultation with industry.
To achieve improvements in heavy vehicle safety, productivity, and consistency, the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) seeks to develop:
- additional strategies to assist in monitoring and reporting of compliance and enforcement actions and outcomes
- robust compliance standards and enforcement strategies in consultation with road transport authorities and police agencies
- processes to identify non-compliant heavy vehicle operators – this includes consulting with jurisdictions and coordinating appropriate enforcement strategies to deter, detect and remedy non-compliance and improper practices by businesses and/or individuals who have the potential to cause serious detriment to road safety and infrastructure
- a higher level of public awareness and confidence by promoting and achieving sustained compliance with the HVNL.
Contact us for further information.
Please note: Complaints relating to police action on the roadside should be submitted to the relevant jurisdictional authority (see Roadside policing contacts for more information).