This annual report provides a summary of the corporate performance of the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) during the 2017–18 financial year. The report outlines our operational performance against the objectives and National Performance Measures set out in our Corporate Plan 2017-2020.
Previous annual reports
- Annual Report 2016-17 (PDF, 7.6MB)
- Annual Report 2015-16 (PDF, 4.1MB)
- Annual Report 2014-15 (PDF, 8.2MB)
- Annual Report 2013-14 (PDF, 2.8MB)
- Annual Report 2012-13 (PDF, 6.3MB)
This corporate plan presents the objectives of the NHVR for the three year period 2018-19 to 2021-21. It is the principal planning and operational document outlining the purpose of the NHVR and the strategies to achieve our objectives.
It will guide us in meeting the expectations of our customers and stakeholders, comply with our legislative obligations and deliver national heavy vehicle regulatory reform.
Previous Corporate Plans
- Corporate Plan 2017-2020 (PDF, 2.1MB)
- Corporate Plan 2016-17 to 2018-19 (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Corporate Plan 2015-16 to 2017-18 (PDF, 816KB)
- Corporate Plan 2014-2017 (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Corporate Plan 2014-2016 (PDF, 4.2MB)
This document is intended to assist anyone who would like to understand common terms used in the heavy vehicle industry. The terms and definitions provide a single common reference point.
Terms used in this glossary do not supersede or replace those in the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) but are meant to help users develop a common understanding of terminology particular to the heavy vehicle industry.
Provides a snapshot of the NHVR's performance over a three-month period.
Previous Quarterly Snapshots
- Quarterly Snapshot Q1 2018-19 (PDF, 2MB)
- Quarterly Snapshot Q4 2017-18 (PDF, 3.1MB)
- Quarterly Snapshot Q3 2017-18 (PDF, 2.7MB)
- Quarterly Snapshot Q2 2017-18 (PDF, 2.8MB)
- Quarterly Snapshot Q1 2017-18 (PDF, 6.5MB)
- Quarterly Snapshot Q4 2016-17 (PDF, 10.5MB)
- Quarterly Snapshot Q3 2016-17 (PDF, 9.1MB)
- Quarterly Snapshot Q2 2016-17 (PDF, 9.5MB)
- Quarterly Snapshot Q1 2016-17 (PDF, 7.5MB)
- Quarterly Snapshot Q4 2015-16 (PDF, 734KB)
- Quarterly Snapshot Q3 2015-16 (PDF, 694KB)
This document outlines the intent and the guiding principles the NHVR applies in developing and administering a regulatory framework that supports the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) and our vision for safety in the heavy vehicle industry.
It reinforces our commitment to the continuous improvement of our regulatory oversight while embracing an organisational ‘just culture’ philosophy. That is, a philosophy that embraces learning, recognises the influence of work systems on human performance and establishes clear parameters for acceptable behaviour.
Setting the Agenda
- Setting the Agenda - Strategies for a Safer, Productive and more Compliant Heavy Vehicle Industry 2016-2020 (PDF, 2.2MB)
This document contains three core, interlinked strategies the NHVR has developed to provide leadership and drive sustainable improvements to safety, productivity and efficiency outcomes across the heavy vehicle industry:
- National Heavy Vehicle Safety Strategy
- National Heavy Vehicle Compliance and Assurance Strategy
- National Heavy Vehicle Productivity Strategy
These three strategies underpin the Strategic Directions 2016 document which outlines the NHVR’s strategic priorities for the next 10 years.
- Setting the Agenda Action Plan (PDF, 50KB) - The attached Action Plan outlines the priority actions for 2016-17. This is a living document that will be updated over the course of the strategies.
This document articulates our long term vision for the regulation of the heavy vehicle industry in this country, identifies the key challenges, and outlines the strategies we propose to achieve our aims in the coming years. It has two purposes:
- To signal to industry, regulatory partners and other stakeholders, what our major regulatory challenges are and the actions we will take to address them.
- To give direction, focus and guidance to our organisation in performing our current and future activities.