This report describes the operations of the NHVR and reviews our performance under the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) for the financial year ending 30 June 2017 against the corporate objectives identified in the Corporate Plan 2016-17 to 2017-18 (PDF, 1.7MB).
Previous annual reports
- Annual Report 2015-16 (PDF, 4.1MB)
- Annual Report 2014-15 (PDF, 8.2MB)
- Annual Report 2013-14 (PDF, 2.8MB)
- Annual Report 2012-13 (PDF, 6.3MB)
This corporate plan presents the objectives of the NHVR for the three year period 2018-19 to 2021-21. It is the principal planning and operational document outlining the purpose of the NHVR and the strategies to achieve our objectives.
It will guide us in meeting the expectations of our customers and stakeholders, comply with our legislative obligations and deliver national heavy vehicle regulatory reform.
Previous Corporate Plans
- Corporate Plan 2017 - 2020 (PDF, 2.1MB)
- Corporate Plan 2016-17 to 2018-19 (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Corporate Plan 2015-16 to 2017-18 (PDF, 816KB)
- Corporate Plan 2014-2017 (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Corporate Plan 2014-2016 (PDF, 4.2MB)
Provides a snapshot of the NHVR's performance over a three-month period.
Previous Quarterly Snapshots
- Quarterly Snapshot Q2 2017-18 (PDF, 2.8MB)
- Quarterly Snapshot Q1 2017-18 (PDF, 6.5MB)
- Quarterly Snapshot Q4 2016-17 (PDF, 10.5MB)
- Quarterly Snapshot Q3 2016-17 (PDF, 9.1MB)
- Quarterly Snapshot Q2 2016-17 (PDF, 9.5MB)
- Quarterly Snapshot Q1 2016-17 (PDF, 7.5MB)
- Quarterly Snapshot Q4 2015-16 (PDF, 734KB)
- Quarterly Snapshot Q3 2015-16 (PDF, 694KB)
Setting the Agenda
- Setting the Agenda - Strategies for a Safer, Productive and more Compliant Heavy Vehicle Industry 2016-2020 (PDF, 2.2MB)
This document contains three core, interlinked strategies the NHVR has developed to provide leadership and drive sustainable improvements to safety, productivity and efficiency outcomes across the heavy vehicle industry:
- National Heavy Vehicle Safety Strategy
- National Heavy Vehicle Compliance and Assurance Strategy
- National Heavy Vehicle Productivity Strategy
These three strategies underpin the Strategic Directions 2016 document which outlines the NHVR’s strategic priorities for the next 10 years.
- Setting the Agenda Action Plan (PDF, 50KB) - The attached Action Plan outlines the priority actions for 2016-17. This is a living document that will be updated over the course of the strategies.
This document articulates our long term vision for the regulation of the heavy vehicle industry in this country, identifies the key challenges, and outlines the strategies we propose to achieve our aims in the coming years. It has two purposes:
- To signal to industry, regulatory partners and other stakeholders, what our major regulatory challenges are and the actions we will take to address them.
- To give direction, focus and guidance to our organisation in performing our current and future activities.