Heavy vehicle safety is continuing to be delivered at the local level following the recent announcement of $3.9 million for 14 projects.
NHVR CEO Sal Petroccitto said the 2018-19 round of Heavy Vehicle Safety Initiative projects would play a crucial role in improving heavy vehicle safety and productivity.
"These new initiatives contribute collectively to better heavy vehicle industry safety, education, policy and practice in Australia," Mr Petroccitto said.
"The NHVR is looking forward to working with the winning bids to ensure the projects deliver safety outcomes for all road users."
The range of projects that were approved under round 3 include:
- a truck safety resource in WA and the NT
- the development of a brake calculator
- a #GetTruckWise trial campaign in Bendigo
- a series of workshops in WA and Alice Springs raising awareness about the Chain of Responsibility amongst transport customers
- expansion of the National Safety Camera Network.
For more information and a full list of successful projects visit www.nhvr.gov.au/hvsi
For the full announcement see $3.9 Million funding boost for heavy vehicle safety projects
Contact: Andrew Berkman | 0429 128 637