This Plan outlines our intent to deliver safe, efficient and productive heavy vehicle movements supporting a strong and prosperous Australia.
We intend to deliver safe, efficient and productive heavy vehicle movements supporting a strong and prosperous Australia through this Plan’s three objectives:
- Provide access certainty and consistency.
- Partner with local government to build capability.
- Promote safer and more-productive vehicles that are better for the environment and communities.
Consultation and strategic alignment
We worked with governments and industry to develop the Plan, to make sure it aligned with their heavy vehicle and road freight objectives.
- pre-submission consultation with 55 stakeholders
- a webinar with 178 registered participants
- 9 workshops with the Commonwealth Government, all state and territory transport agencies, and all local government associations in the ACT, New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania and Victoria
- 23 formal submissions.
The Plan also takes into account the Commonwealth Government’s National Freight and Supply Chain Strategy, Review of Oversize Overmass Access Arrangements (OSOM Review), state and territory government freight plans and strategies, and work by the National Transport Commission and Austroads.
Actions and delivery
The Plan doesn’t include our full work program; instead it sets out actions over a five-year period based on priorities requested by our stakeholders.
We have already made significant progress in delivering these actions, in partnership with the Commonwealth Government, state and territory transport agencies, local governments and customers.