We recommend you download and read the relevant guide for the accreditation module/s you are interested in, before submitting an application.
The benefits for submitting your NHVAS applications through the Portal include:
- managing your account information
- reviewing your application status
- reviewing you accreditation status
- reviewing driver and vehicle lists
- paying for your application
- viewing payment history
- tracking audit associated responsibilities.
It is an offence to fail to display and maintain National Heavy Vehicle Accreditation Scheme labels on heavy vehicles under the Maintenance Management Accreditation scheme and the Mass Management Accreditation scheme.
The following applications are unavailable in the Portal and need to be completed and submitted by email, post or fax:
- Internal review application form (NHVAS) (PDF, 125KB)
- NHVAS approved auditor application (PDF, 288KB) - Please read the NHVAS Auditor Registration information sheet (PDF, 225KB) before submitting this application.
- NHVR approved Registered Training Organisation application (PDF, 169KB) - Please read the Fatigue units of competency - RTO guide (PDF, 228KB) before submitting this application.
Email, post and fax applications
If you are submitting your application by email, fax or post, please ensure you have completed the "payment details" section on the application form (where relevant).
Completed forms can be submitted via:
Fax: 1300 736 798
National Heavy Vehicle Regulator
PO Box 492
Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
Note: Please use the latest version of Adobe Reader when opening and completing an NHVAS application form. You can get the latest version of Adobe Reader free from http://get.adobe.com/reader. All forms should be saved to your computer before opening and completing, to avoid any web browser issues.
NHVAS accreditation forms
- Establish accreditation (PDF, 604KB) - updated 15 October 2018
- Existing accreditation holders (PDF, 604KB) - updated 15 October 2018
- Add module to accreditation (PBF, 604KB) - updated 15 October 2018
- Change operator particulars (PDF, 449KB) - updated 9 April 2018
- Add/delete/amend vehicles (PDF, 395KB) - updated 15 October 2018
- Exit from scheme/module(s) (PDF, 234KB) - updated 9 April 2018
NHVAS general forms
- Request vehicle list (PDF, 140KB) - updated 1 March 2015
- Order interception report books (PDF, 140KB) - updated 1 March 2015
- Order replacement labels or accreditation certificates (PDF, 248KB) - updated 9 April 2018
Compliance audit notification (CAN) form
- Compliance audit notification (PDF, 226KB) - updated 9 April 2018
NHVAS auditor forms
- Audit completion notification (PDF, 123KB) - updated 3 May 2016
- NHVAS approved auditor application (PDF, 288KB) - updated 9 April 2018. Please read the NHVAS Auditor Registration information sheet (PDF, 225KB) before submitting an approved auditor application.
RTO application form
- NHVR approved Registered Training Organisation application (PDF, 169KB) - updated 22 December 2017. Please read the Fatigue units of competency - RTO guide (PDF, 228KB) before submitting an application.
Additional forms and templates that may be required to support an NHVAS application
- Additional information spreadsheet template (XLS, 83KB) - updated 12 July 2018
- Audit matrix - Maintenance management (DOCX, 98KB) - updated 24 February 2017
- Audit matrix - Mass management (DOCX, 93KB) - updated 23 December 2015
- Audit matrix - Basic fatigue management (DOC, 153KB) - updated 1 July 2018
- Audit matrix - Advanced fatigue management (DOC, 195KB) - updated 1 July 2018
- Induction approval template (DOC, 225KB) - updated 18 December 2017
- NHVAS audit summary report (DOCX, 92KB) - updated 1 July 2018
- Statement of compliance (PDF, 258KB) - updated 6 February 2017
- Vehicle inspection requirements for NHVAS (PDF, 95KB) - updated 14 January 2015