To develop an Industry Code of Practice for registration, an entity or individual must follow the steps outlined in the
- Registered Industry Codes of Practice: An Introduction (PDF, 862KB)
- Guidelines for Preparing and Registering Industry Codes of Practice (PDF, 497KB)
NOTICE OF INTENTION - 8 November 2019
This notice commences the 12 month notification period for Amendment of Guidelines for Preparing and Registering Industry Codes of Practice.
Questions – please contact Codes@nhvr.gov.au
These Guidelines are published in conjunction with the following nine Schedules. Schedules 1-7 must be completed and submitted to the NHVR to process registration of the code of practice. Schedules 8 and 9 are for information purposes only.
- Schedule 1: Notice of Intention to register industry code of practice (DOCX, 76KB)
- Schedule 2: Consultation Checklist (DOCX, 75KB)
- Schedule 3: Drafting Checklist (DOCX, 78KB)
- Schedule 4: Application for Registration (DOCX, 77KB)
- Schedule 5: Developer’s Undertaking (DOCX, 78KB)
- Schedule 6: Administrator’s Undertaking (DOCX, 74KB)
- Schedule 7: Intellectual Property Agreement (DOCX, 95KB)
- Schedule 8: Key Terminology (PDF, 136KB)
- Schedule 9: Summary of key parts of the HVNL (PDF, 440KB)
- Submit Notice of Intention (NOI)
- Consult with NHVR and receive advice to proceed with development
- Funding application (where applicable)
- Pay administration fee
- Develop industry code of practice through research and industry consultation
- Submit industry code of practice and supporting documents for assessment.
- Assessment Panel assesses proposed Industry Code of Practice
- Pay assessment fee
- Registered Industry Codes of Practice (RICPs) must be maintained and reviewed in accordance with statutory conditions.