NHVR road manager hotline
State jurisdiction and local government road managers can contact the NHVR by email at accessenquiries@NHVR.gov.au
Once your email has been received and reviewed a NHVR staff member will call you as soon as possible to assist you with your enquiry. Should you deem your request to be urgent please contact us on 1300 696 487 to speak to a NHVR call centre representative.
All other types of enquiries should be done through our contact us page.
The NHVR has range of FAQs, work instructions and guides to help road managers with how to use the NHVR Portal - Road Manager Module.
The Restricted Access Vehicle Route Assessment Tool (RAVRAT) is a cutting edge on-line tool capable of performing route assessments for restricted access vehicles. The tool provides local governments with a consistent assessment methodology, providing a defensible position when responding to access requests.
RAVRAT is now free for local governments from participating jurisdictions through the support of NHVR and local government associations.
- Road manager amend or cancel permit fact sheet (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Road manager request to amend/cancel permit application (PDF, 154KB)
Road manager documents
- NSW SPV Delegation Road Manager Information Sheet
- NSW Class 1 - OSOM Delegation Road Manager Information Sheet (PDF, 278KB)
- QLD Class 1 - AG Return of Delegations - Road Manager Information Sheet
- QLD Class 1 - OSOM Return of Delegations - Road Manager Information Sheet
- QLD Class 1 - SPV Return of Delegations - Road Manager Information Sheet
The links below are provided as a reference tool for councils in their role as road managers.
- Best Practice Guideline for Applying Conditions (PDF, 198KB)
- CoR - Local Government - (PDF, 304KB)
- Information Sheet - National Class 1 Agricultural Vehicle and Combination Mass and Dimension Exemption Notice (PDF, 384KB)
- PBS Performance Assessment Results – Road Manager Information Sheet (PDF, 325KB)
- Performance Based Standards - A guide for road managers (8.6MB)
- Permit Durations - Road Manager Guide (PDF, 327KB)
- Pre-approval pack (ZIP, 3.1MB)
- Pre-approvals and gazettals information sheet (PDF, 151KB)
- Refusal Decision - Road Manager Information Sheet (PDF, 423KB)
- Road Manager re-routing access requests (PDF, 152KB)
- Standard Road and Travel Conditions (PDF, 120KB)
- Standard conditions – legislative requirements (Class 1 OSOM and SPV) (PDF, 305KB) - outlines the key operational requirements for operations of class 1 heavy vehicles carrying - or designed for the purpose of carrying - a large indivisible article, and special purpose vehicles. These requirements (standard conditions) already apply under the law and as such, should not be duplicated as a condition in a permit.
- Temporary and unscheduled detours and road closures information sheet (PDF, 104KB)
Route update requests
Please note: These forms must be saved to your computer before opening and completing with a PDF program such as Adobe Reader. Do not open these forms directly in your web browser as they may not work correctly.
- How to complete the route update request form (PDF, 1MB)
- Route update request form - Class 1 (PDF, 105KB)
- Route update request form - Class 2 (PDF, 111KB)
- Route update request form - Class 3 (PDF, 107KB)
- Route update request form - HML (PDF, 109KB)
- Route update request form - PBS (Class 2) (PDF, 112KB)
- Route update request form - Add restriction (PDF, 104KB)
- Route update request form - Amend or remove restriction (PDF, 108KB)
- Route update request form - Restricted structures (PDF, 148KB)
- Local government updates
- Local government videos
- Road manager heat maps
- Road manager training videos