NHVR road manager hotline
State jurisdiction and local government road managers can contact the NHVR road manager hotline for assistance on 1300 880 493 or email RM.firstname.lastname@example.org
All other types of enquiries should be done through our contact us page.
The NHVR has range of FAQs, work instructions and guides to help road managers with how to use the NHVR Portal - Road Manager Module.
The Restricted Access Vehicle Route Assessment Tool (RAVRAT) is a cutting edge on-line tool capable of performing route assessments for restricted access vehicles. The tool provides local governments with a consistent assessment methodology, providing a defensible position when responding to access requests.
RAVRAT is now free for local governments from participating jurisdictions through the support of NHVR and local government associations.
- Road manager amend or cancel permit fact sheet (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Road manager request to amend/cancel permit application (PDF, 154KB)
Route update requests
The links below are provided as a reference tool for councils in their role as road managers.
- Permit Durations - Road Manager Guide (PDF, 327KB)
- Best Practice Guideline for Applying Conditions (PDF, 198KB)
- CoR - Local Government - (PDF, 304KB)
- Information Sheet - National Class 1 Agricultural Vehicle and Combination Mass and Dimension Exemption Notice (PDF, 384KB)
- Performance Based Standards - A guide for road managers (8.6MB)
- Pre-approval pack (ZIP, 3.1MB)
- Pre-approvals and gazettals information sheet (PDF, 151KB)
- Road Manager re-routing access requests (PDF, 152KB)
- Standard Road and Travel Conditions (PDF, 120KB)
- Standard conditions – legislative requirements (Class 1 OSOM and SPV) (PDF, 305KB) - outlines the key operational requirements for operations of class 1 heavy vehicles carrying - or designed for the purpose of carrying - a large indivisible article, and special purpose vehicles. These requirements (standard conditions) already apply under the law and as such, should not be duplicated as a condition in a permit.
- Temporary and unscheduled detours and road closures information sheet (PDF, 104KB)
- Local government updates
- Local government videos
- Road manager heat maps
- Road manager training videos