NHVR road manager hotline
State jurisdiction and local government road managers can contact the NHVR road manager hotline for assistance on 1300 880 493 or email RM.email@example.com
All other types of enquiries should be done through our contact us page.
The NHVR has range of FAQs, work instructions and guides to help road managers with how to use the NHVR Portal - Road Manager Module.
Transition from Portal Forms to NHVR Portal - Road Manager Module: www.yoursaynhvr.com.au/road-manager-module
The Restricted Access Vehicle Route Assessment Tool (RAVRAT) is a cutting edge on-line tool capable of performing route assessments for restricted access vehicles. The tool provides local governments with a consistent assessment methodology, providing a defensible position when responding to access requests.
RAVRAT is now free for local governments from participating jurisdictions through the support of NHVR and local government associations.
- Road manager amend or cancel permit fact sheet (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Road manager request to amend/cancel permit application (PDF, 154KB)
Route update requests
Please note: These forms should be saved to your computer before opening and completing, to avoid any web browser issues.
The links below are provided as a reference tool for councils in their role as road managers.
- Best Practice Guideline for Applying Conditions (PDF, 198KB)
- CoR - Local Government - (PDF, 304KB)
- Pre-approval pack (ZIP, 3.1MB)
- Pre-approvals and gazettals information sheet (PDF, 151KB)
- Road Manager re-routing access requests (PDF, 152KB)
- Standard Road and Travel Conditions (PDF, 120KB)
- Standard conditions – legislative requirements (Class 1 OSOM and SPV) (PDF, 305KB) - outlines the key operational requirements for operations of class 1 heavy vehicles carrying - or designed for the purpose of carrying - a large indivisible article, and special purpose vehicles. These requirements (standard conditions) already apply under the law and as such, should not be duplicated as a condition in a permit.
- Temporary and unscheduled detours and road closures information sheet (PDF, 104KB)