Safety promotion and training is an important part of your SMS. Safety promotion is the process used to communicate, develop and sustain safety in your business. It includes activities to support the implementation and ongoing improvement of your SMS and is a crucial part of fostering a strong and positive safety culture in your business.
Providing appropriate SMS awareness training to your employees will give them a better understanding of your SMS and provide them with the knowledge, ability and skills to contribute to your business’s safety goals and objectives.
The guidance material and templates below will assist you to develop the elements of your SMS relating to the Safety promotion and training component.
The NHVR may develop more guidance material on safety promotion and training, so make sure you Subscribe to On the Road to be informed when they become available.
Safety training and education
Safety promotion and communication
- Safety Promotion and Communication - Quick Guide (PDF, 59KB)
- How to Run a Safety Briefing or Toolbox Meeting - Quick Guide (PDF, 42KB)
- Safety briefing/Toolbox meeting attendance form - Template (DOCX, 98KB)
- Safety Alerts and Bulletins - Quick Guide (PDF, 173KB)
- Safety Alert - Template (DOCX, 154KB)
- Safety Bulletin - Template (DOCX, 148KB)